Events and Promotions Manager
Are you looking to join a team that is making a difference in the future of San Jose? We are looking for a skilled events and promotions professional who wants to help us shape the center city of Silicon Valley. The San Jose Downtown Association is a non-profit organization that has worked closely with private and public sector partners since 1986 to improve downtown San Jose. Please look at our website sjdowntown.com before applying, to better understand our mission, programs and services. Details on the position are below:
POSITION TITLE: Events and Promotions Manager, San Jose Downtown Association
POSITION DESCRIPTION: San Jose Downtown Association (SJDA) Events and Promotions Manager will oversee and organize events and promotions that will further the brand of downtown San Jose and create economic impact. The Events and Promotions Manager is a full-time, exempt position and is supervised by and reports to the Director of Marcom and Events.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manages and implements SJDA special events and promotions, specifically, but not limited to, the following: Downtown Farmers’ Market, Music in the Park, Starlight Cinemas and Downtown Ice.
- Responsible for creating and launching new events and promotions aligned to the SJDA Strategic Goals and members needs.
- Manages SJDA’s neighborhood promotions and events (i.e. SoFA, Historic District, San Pedro Square) and acts as the primary liaison between neighborhood, event sub-contractors, SJDA and any other necessary entity.
- Supports partner events with key logistics which many include support on grant applications, facilitating connections between event organizers and businesses and producing components of events (i.e. City Dance).
- Prepares and manages event budgets and coordinates with marketing, communications and sponsorship to ensure adherence.
- Manages all contracts, services, city agreements, insurance, event maps and other related documents necessary for event production and promotion of events.
- Hires, retains and manages professional sub-contractors, consultants, event-suppliers, interns and partners when needed to accomplish these objectives.
- Manages and reconciles all event-related logs i.e. Farmers’ Market non-agricultural vendor revenue, concession reports, trackable event promotions, ice rink admissions revenue, etc.
- Oversees the management of inventory and storage of event production supplies.
- Coordinates promotional outreach activities at non-SJDA events.
- Provides information to front office staff about SJDA events and promotions.
- Represents SJDA to downtown businesses and SJDA members, and coordinates promotional activity participation and communication with them.
- Attends SJDA meetings as necessary.
- Availability on evenings and weekends required during events.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- BA/BS degree and 3+ years of experience in event management
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- A knack for problem-solving and on-the-spot decision making during events
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with ability to distill conversations into concrete plans.
- Strategic-minded and process-oriented with ability to effectively manage new ways of work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude, sense of humor and customer-service orientation.
- Demonstrated passion for the mission of SJDA and its events.
- Project management software experience.
SALARY: Salary range is $75,000 – $90,000 and is commensurate with experience; competitive benefit package
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to
San Jose Downtown Association, Human Resources
28 N. First St., #1000
San Jose, CA 95113
For Groundwerx clean and ambassador team job inquires, please contact the Groundwerx office at 408-287-1520.