Music in the Park presented by Metro
Big City, Big Shows at Plaza de Cesar Chavez
Thank you for supporting this year’s Music in the Park series. Although Music in the Park 2017 has ended, you can still enjoy music at one of these amazing venues in downtown.
Look for our 2018 lineup starting in May.
About Music in the Park
Since 1989 Music in the Park summer concert series has rocked downtown San Jose parks and plazas in the summer. It’s a family-friendly happy hour with great live music from big names as well as up-and-coming acts. In 2016, Music in the Park welcomed Los Lobos, Ozomatli and Tower of Power.
All 2017 shows will be at Plaza de Cesar Chavez and start at 5:30 p.m.
Keeping It Green
At least 75 percent of the waste from the shows is diverted away from landfills and into compost or recycling. That’s thanks to a San Jose Environmental Services Department grant and help from Republic Services, Nothing Wasted Consulting and San Jose Conservation Corps.
Want to keep some art from a past show? Contact us about framed posters from past Music in the Park concerts. firstname.lastname@example.org
- get your tickets scanned to get a wrist a band at the gate and
- have bags checked by security before entering.
- No pets, weapons, sharp objects, glass bottles, aluminum cans or outside alcohol allowed.
- Service dogs must have proper ID.
- Low-back, beach style chairs and blankets are OK.
- No coolers, glass bottles or aluminum cans.
- Special food is allowed for those with dietary restrictions. Please have note or card explaining circumstances.
- Sealed plastic water and soda is allowed.
$5 parking after 6 p.m. is available in City of San Jose, including the garages at Third Street near Santa Clara Street and at Market and San Pedro streets. Visit parksj.org for more.
Ride your bike to Music in the Park and take advantage of the Silicon Valley Bike Coalition’s free bike valet. The valet will be open 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the main admissions entrance at the south end of Plaza de Cesar Chavez.